Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Blog Picture


I never explained what I was doing in the (profile?) picture for my blog and because I don't have anything to do until class (and I want to boast a little bit) I thought that you all might be interested ("you all" assuming that more people than just Dr. G reads this post, haha). Okay, delineating from my point. In my picture, I had just climbed one of the ancient pyramid-like structures at Teotihuacán, Mexico and the picture was taken with my back facing the other, smaller pyramid. This place was one of the excursions on the SU Guanajuato trip this past summer and it was truly spectacular to walk among ruins that many different pre-Hispanic peoples had lived in and  helped create. Context, I know. The ancient city cannot be traced back to any one group of people because its architecture reflects that of the Mayans, Aztecs and many other smaller, lesser known groups. But, by the time the Spanish arrived in Mexico, the site was abandoned. It is a UNESCO World Heritage site and is known as one of the best-preserved sites and greatest mysteries in Mexico. 

Okay, so at the top of the post was a picture I took from the smaller pyramid looking towards the larger one and, in case you didn't notice, I linked the first mention of the ruins to the Wiki page about it, if I whetted your appetite for information about historical archeological ruins.

Brady

P.S. I think that I am beginning to like this blogging stuff. 


No comments: